Sunday, September 8, 2013

Assignment #10

My sample oven didn’t quite make it this far.  The prototype wasn’t up to my standards and therefore I decided to make another one that was sturdier and well-constructed.

I used recycled boxes, mail boxes and cut them up for the sides of my oven.  Next I glued down some graphing paper to both sides.




Using the equation for my parabola, I was able to determine the focus  and the given line.

Wrapped my parabola in foil using it as a conductor of heat.



Taped my parabola to both sides, poked a skewer where my focus points are on both sides.  I used Saran wrap to cover my Marshmallows to avoid getting dust into them, making s’mores sounded like a great idea!



Voila!  My awesome parabolic oven that took 23 minutes for my Marshmallows to melt in 83◦F  of pure heat.


No comments:

Post a Comment