Sunday, September 8, 2013

Assignment #9

I’ve been hesitant on displaying student work as it might be more of a challenge than I thought, as 30 parabolic ovens would definitely take up a great deal of space in my tiny room.  Talking to my colleague, he thought that it would be best to hold a contest based on all categories:

a.      Fastest heating up parabolic oven
b.     Best aesthetically looking parabolic oven
c.     Creative parabolic oven

The winner would get bragging rights and a spot to display the winning oven in the classroom along with the step-by-step necessary documents that support the making of an awesome parabolic oven.

Another idea that was brought up in our learning team meeting was to have students display their ovens after the contest in a section in the library along with their documents leading up to the making of the parabolic oven, this way students can be proud of their own work and others can enjoy it as well!


After contemplating my colleagues ideas, I’ve decided to do both.  Run a contest and display their work in the library.  Running the contest would take some promoting to do which I could include into their project, making posters and flyers to distribute to students to come observe the fastest  melting Marshmallow contest.  I have talked to the librarians and they have agreed to give me a small area in the library where students would display their work for about a week.  I also have talked to the Cinema & Tech classes to invite them to film this mini event.  Hopefully the weather cooperates as somehow, it always rains here in Wahiawa.

No comments:

Post a Comment